The Board met Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at 1:30 p.m. EDST in the Breathitt Room at The Galt House, 140 North 4th Street, Louisville. The Board considered:
• Amendments published in the January 22, 2013 Federal Register addressing occupational exposure to hazardous chemicals in laboratories;
• Amendments published in the February 8, 2013 Federal Register correcting recent amendments based on the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling;
• Amendments to a material handling in standard as published in the February 15, 2013 Federal Register;
• Amendments to the Bloodborne Pathogens standard as published in the April 3, 2012 Federal Register;
• Corrections and technical amendments to the Respiratory Protection, Mechanical Power Press, and scaffold specifications standards as published in the August 7, 2012 Federal Register;
• Amendments published in the June 22, 2012 Federal Register, corrected in the July 23, 2012 Federal Register, and confirmed in the November 16, 2012 Federal Register, that update references to national consensus standards for head protection; and
Amendments published in the April 23, 2013 Federal Register, that clarify the application of the cranes and derricks standard to underground construction and demolition work.