The following applies to all minors sixteen (16) and seventeen (17) years old enrolled in school or participating in a home school program.
1. May work six (6) hours a day on a school day; eight (8) hours a day on a non-school day up to thirty (30) hours total in a school week.
2. May work between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. preceding a school day and between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. preceding a non-school day during a school week.
3. See a list of prohibited duties considered hazardous by selecting 803 KAR 1:100
in addition to the list provided below.
1. Manufacturing or storing explosives.
2. Driving a motor vehicle and being an outside helper on a motor vehicle.
3. Coal mining.
4. Logging and sawmilling.
5. Power-driven wood-working machines.*
6. Exposure to radioactive substances and to ionizing radiations.
7. Power-driven hoisting equipment.
8. Power-driven metal-forming, punching and shearing machines.*
9. Mining, other than coal mining.
10. Slaughtering, meat packing or processing (including power-driven meat slicing machines).
11. Power-driven bakery machines.
12. Power-driven paper-products machines.*
13. Manufacturing brick, tile and related products.
14. Power-driven circular saws, band saws and guillotine shears.*
15. Wrecking, demolition and ship-breaking operations.
16. Roofing operations.*
17. Excavation operations.*
18. In, about or in connection with any establishments where alcoholic liquors are distilled, rectified, compounded, brewed, manufactured, bottled, sold for consumption or dispensed unless permitted by the rules and regulations of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (except they may be employed in places where the sale of alcoholic beverages by the package is merely incidental to the main business actually conducted).
19. Pool or billiard room.
*Limited exemptions are provided for apprentices and student-learners under specified standards.
Select a link below for .